Frequently asked questions
What kinds of services do you offer and what are the costs?
We offer a number of fun, promotional options starting at as little as $25. Our services include things like: advertising banners that display on our show page on VoiceAmerica, social media shout outs, playing a song on air, press releases, interviews of various lengths, e-card for sharing your interview with your network... and more.
While we have packages available, we also work with guests to design opportunities that meet their needs and budget, while creating the greatest visibility and leverage possible.
You can visit the
Authors & Musicians page to explore package or feel free to reach out using the form on the
Contact Us page to open a conversation and explore possibilities!
If there's a cost, does that mean you take anyone who pays?
No. Sorry! We have, and continue to, decline anyone who is not in alignment with our vision, mission and standards. We research each and every potential guest to the best of our ability before offering them an opportunity - regardless of the amount of money involved.
By doing the research, and hand-selecting guests and sponsors, we ensure the quality and integrity of the show for both ourselves and our listeners.
The costs cover the time and energy involved behind-the-scenes to design and set up all of the marketing and promotion we do. They also ensure the highest commitment from our guests and sponsors to follow through.
Are costs refundable?
Sorry. Not at this time. Once paid, costs are non-refundable.
This is why we do not ask for money up front. If you're not a good fit, we won't ask for money. If you're extended an invitation, you still have the opportunity to review everything before making a commitment.
Once the commitment is made, we get to work, spending our time, energy and money to create the best possible experience for our guests and sponsors. You can get copies of materials we create and use them for your own use.
We work with all our guests and sponsors personally to ensure they're happy and excited about the opportunity they're receiving.
Remember: there's NO COMMITMENT and NO PRESSURE to open a conversation and learn more!
What kinds of things do you look for in potential guests and sponsors?
1. How serious is the individiual about getting their message out to the world? For example, we've come across websites for authors that never even mention thier book... that doesn't leave the impression they're really serious about their getting their message out.
2. Is their message in alignment with ours? This is a bit subjective on our part, but then, it is our show and we have the right to make these kinds of judgement calls.
3. Do we think they'll make a good, entertaining, and valuable guest that our audience will love? Again, this is subjective. We'll look for video and/or audio clips of your work to help us make this determination. If you don't have any (many authors don't), that's OK. We won't hold it against you! It's just one of many factors.
4. Is your work suitable for families? If you have music with cuss words in it, we won't have you on. If you're a comedian who cusses often, we won't have you on. In other words, we don't allow swearing on our show because it's highly likely children may be listening along with their parents.
5. If you're in a field that has regulations, do you keep yourself compliant? For example, alternative health care fields often have to be careful about using certain terms due to FDA regulations. If you're not actively keeping yourself compliant, we won't have you on the show.
6. Are we interested in what you're offering? This is totally subjective but important. If we're not interested in your work for any reason, we won't pretend. It's not good for you to be on a show that doesn't fit for you any more than it makes sense to have you on our show if it's not a fit for us. We're truly interested in creating a win-win-win for everyone. So please don't take it personally! We're two human beings with personal tastes and interests who are working hard to be genuine and authentic.
Is there anything you absolutely WON'T have on your show?
1. Anyone who makes it a habit to cuss and swear. This is a family-friendly show and we assume children of all ages may be listening while their parents have our show on.
2. Those who won't make the effort to keep themselves compliant if their field has regulations. We want to take care of our listeners and do everything possible to avoid spreading mis-information or over-inflated promises.
3. Those who won't be a good fit. We have a limited number of spots available for guests and sponsors, and we want to make sure it's a win-win for everyone involved. So, if we don't think it's going to be a good fit, we won't waste your time with promises we can't keep.
What genre of music will you accept?
We're open to any genre. However, we are specifically looking for music and musicians who are conscious of how their craft can affect people's hearts, minds, and even physical bodies. So, we look specifically for music with a positive message regardless of the genre.
We will refuse any and all music that includes swearing, violence or hate of any kind, regardless of genre.
What's the best way to get a feel for whether it's a good fit or not?
There are two options:
1. Email us at ShareTheLove at RiseandShineas1 dot com. There's no commitment, no pressure, and it only take a few minutes start the conversation. You can also use the form on the
Contact Us page.
Listen to a few shows to get a feel for what we've done before.
Keep in mind that we're always looking for great new talent too. So, feel free to email us and see what's possible!
I sent you an email. How long until I hear back from you?
We read our email personally, and tend to get a lot of it, so please be patient.
If you don't hear back from us within TWO WEEKS, please feel free to email us again.
Sometimes emails get lost. Sometimes it's simply a timing issue - what didn't fit a few weeks ago may fit now based on what's happening in the world around us at any given time.
You are always welcome to email again with a new story, pitch or idea too.
We look forward to hearing from you!
What should I include in my email?
When you email us about potential sponsorship or guest opportunities, it's helpful if you include the following:
- Your actual name, as well as your penname or stage name if you use one.
- Your website address and at least one active social media link
- A little about why you feel you're a good fit for the show
- Any information about something in the news or an event, or anything else, that might tie into the work you do (for example: our first guest on our first show was a climate action expert and we aired the show on the 50th anniversary of Earth Day.) This isn't mandatory, but is very helpful, if it applies.
- Any questions you might have that we can answer
- Best way to contact you to follow up
Before you email us, it's also helpful if you listen to a show or two so that you feel comfortable with who we are as well. We want to make sure this is a win-win for everyone!
We look forward to hearing from you!